Scheduled for a Procedure at VASC?
You can safely and securely complete the required forms online prior to your procedure. For pre-registration, click here.
Day Before Surgery
- DO Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to VASC and drive you home after surgery.
- DO Arrange for someone to remain with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- DO NOT bring other children. Please make arrangements for childcare.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery unless otherwise instructed. This includes gum, cough drops, lozenges, hard candy, coffee, tea or water. If you do not follow this rule, your procedure may be delayed or rescheduled.
- DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery.
- DO NOT take any aspirin or medication containing aspirin 24 hours before surgery, unless instructed otherwise.
Day Of Surgery
- DO NOT wear contact lenses
- DO NOT wear jewelry, watches or wedding rings.
- DO shower or bathe the morning of surgery or night before surgery. DO NOT use powders, lotions, creams or oils. Deodorants may be used.
- DO wear comfortable clothing that you can change easily and will not bind the site of your surgery.
- Dentures and hearing aids may be worn.
- Light makeup may be worn, except if having facial or eye surgery.
- DO bring your insurance card to VASC.
- DO arrive at VASC 1 1/2 hours before surgery, unless instructed otherwise.
- DO bring your drivers license or other form of picture ID
- Expect to spend approximately 60-90 minutes in the Recovery Room and additional time in the Post Recovery area for care and instructions before going home.
- YOU MUST HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT DRIVE YOU HOME AND STAY WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF SURGERY.
- Nurses and physicians will answer your questions and go over your post-surgical instructions. You will receive a written copy of the instructions. Please follow them carefully.
- For 24 hours DO NOT:
- Drive any vehicle
- Operate any machinery
- Make any important decisions
- Assume responsibility for care of others
- Take sleeping pills or tranquilizers without doctor permission.
- DO NOT take part in any strenuous activity until advised by your surgeon.
- Follow your post-operative instructions given by your surgeon.
- One of our nurses will call you the day following your surgery to make sure that you are recovering comfortably.
We at Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center thank you for the privilege of providing you with the best care possible for your surgical procedure. We strive for excellence always and encourage any feedback you would like to share with us regarding your experience here.
If you provided your e-mail address to us, you will be receiving a patient satisfaction survey following your procedure. We would appreciate it if you would please take a moment to complete the survey in order to give us ideas or opinions on how we can improve our service to you.